Common Documents Required For Taxes

Note to New Clients:

Along with regular tax documents, please be sure to also provide the following:

  • Driver's License / State ID for taxpayer and spouse, if any. 
  • Social Security Card copies of taxpayer, spouse, and dependents. 
  • Copy of previous year's tax return

Form 1095 (A, B or C) for Health Insurance   
Your Handwritten Notes 
W2s and W2Gs 
1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID etc. 
1099-B (With "Cost Basis" for the stocks sold) 
1099-C AND 1099-A (cancellation of Debt) 
1099-G (For State Refund / Unemployment) 
SSA-1099 (Social Security Statements) 
1098 (Mortgage for the main home) 
1098 (Rental -Write property address on 1098) 
1099-MISC (Need "Business Worksheet") 
Completed "Rental Worksheet" for each property 
Each Day Care Provider's Address and Tax ID 
K-1s for Partnerships, S-Corps, Trusts 
1098-T for College Tuition and Fees 
1099-E for Student Loan Interest 
1099-Q for Coverdell ESA Distribution 
1099-S for Real Estate Sales Previous Year's Tax Return (New Customers Only) 
Any Other Tax Document Not Included Above