Tax Planning will reduce your taxes and save you money,
by creating a legal and tax efficient plan tailored just for you.
Tax planning is the analysis and arrangement of your unique financial situation in order to maximize tax breaks and minimize tax liabilities in a legal and efficient manner.
"How do I lower my taxes?"
During tax-filing season, this is one of the most common questions we get asked. Pondering this question when you file your tax return is reactive, and evaluating options at this stage often does not allow for significant tax savings. Once the tax year has closed, the deadline to implement various tax-planning strategies has already passed. Therefore, it is important to proactively conduct careful tax planning during the tax year or for future tax years.
Legitimate tax strategies help you save money by reducing taxes on your...
- income so you keep more of what you make
- investments so you can grow your wealth faster
- retirement distributions so you can retire in style
- gifts and charitable contributions so you can give more
- estate so your family keeps more of what you've made
Examples of legitimate tax strategies include...
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities to enable taxation in a lower bracket.
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another to tax them at a lower rate.
- Deferring tax liabilities through certain investment choices such as pension plans, contributions and other similar plans.
- Using certain investments to produce income that is tax exempt from either federal or state or both taxing entities.
- Finding tax deductions by structuring your money to pay for things you enjoy, such as a vacation home.